Happy National Strawberry Week
Love strawberries? Well you are going to love National Strawberry Week then! An entire week to celebrate these fantastic red jewels!
Unfortunately for me my own fruit are not ripe yet so I have awhile to wait before I can eat my own. Luckily though Ireland boasts some fantastic strawberry growers so you can buy punnets in shops and in road-side kiosks around the country right throughout the season.
To celebrate National Strawberry Week I wanted to share this quick and simple strawberry cheesecake recipe with you all. Cheesecake in general is one of my go to desserts to make for people and this one has proved popular every time I’ve made it so far. Let me know if you try it in the comments below or your favourite dessert to make using strawberries.
- 300g crushed digestive biscuits
- 120g melted butter
- 600g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 250ml double cream
- 50g chopped strawberries
- 100g strawberry purée
- In a bowl combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch round spring form tin and firm using the base of a wine glass
- Place the base in the fridge to set
- Whip the double cream to the soft peak stage
- Add the strawberry purée and cream cheese and beat till firm
- Place this mixture on the base and smooth
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge until set (Approximately two to three hours)
- In a saucepan place the chopped strawberries, one tablespoon of icing sugar and 100ml of water
- Simmer the mixture for approximately five minutes until you are left with a thick syrup
- Place this to the side and allow to cool
- When ready to serve remove the cheesecake from tin and pour the strawberry syrup in the centre of the cheesecake
- Serve with additional chopped strawberries and a spring of mint