Beyond The Messy Kitchen – Potato Pancakes
When it comes to cooking I am all about quick and easy recipes! I am also all about ones that use up leftovers or food that would go to waste. One of my pet peeves is seeing food going to waste. Unfortunately this common occurrence when you grow your own food and suddenly get a glut of crops when it comes to harvest time.
This week I am going to share two recipes that I like to use when I find myself with excess food that would normally go to waste. The first is a great quick recipe to use up left over mash potato. I love these for breakfast with a poached egg and bacon but they can easily be made bigger and used as a side for dinner.
The second, a recipe for roast pepper soup, will come on Friday afternoon so make sure to keep an eye out for it. With all the recipes I put up make sure to comment below and let me know if you try it out.
- 250g cold mashed potatoes
- 75g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chopped chives and parsley
- 125ml milk
- 2 eggs
- Weigh out 250g of cold mash potatoes
- Sieve the flower and baking powder into the bowl with potatoes
- Add chopped chives and parsley
- Mix the milk and eggs together before adding to bowl
- Whisk the mixture until smooth
- Heat a large pan over a medium flame
- Spoon dollops of the mixture into the frying pan
- Cook for one to two minutes until small bubbles appear on the surface
- Flip and cook for a further minute until golden
Hope you try this recipe and don’t forget to keep an eye out on Friday for our recipe for roast pepper soup.