Who does not love toffee popcorn?! If you don’t, it is time to look away now!
I made some toffee popcorn as a study treat for myself last weekend. It was so simple to make and for me made the perfect study time treat. It had that great balance between a salty and sweet snack, I will admit it did not last long at all!
If you do try to make this, I have one word of advice, Don’t let your spoon fall in the hot toffee! It will take awhile to get it off the spoon!
- Place the sugar, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan
- Over a low flame, heat the ingredients until the sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally
- When the toffee is thick and syrupy remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly
- Pour the popcorn into the pan and toss in the toffee
- Empty the popcorn on to a baking tray and allow to cool
- Once cool, break up any large clumps and serve